Fusion Assets Limited is a special purpose vehicle developed by North Lanarkshire Council following the closure of Boots’ manufacturing operation in Airdrie. Fusion Assets works together with private sector partners through establishing joint ventures for the delivery of property development and land reclamation initiatives.
We’re passionate about our purpose. We aim to capitalise on profitable regeneration opportunities within North Lanarkshire through private sector partnerships. We will focus on commercial development projects that tackle areas of market failure and can operate across any sector: commercial, residential, retail and mixed use.
We will help to create sustainable regeneration and long-term economic benefits through our focussed development activity across North Lanarkshire.
Measuring our success
- Reduction in brownfield sites / vacant & derelict land
- Reduction in number of town centre gap sites and derelict buildings
- The level of additional private and /or public sector funds into North Lanarkshire
- The amount of new business space created
- The number of direct, indirect and induced jobs and training places
- The number of housing units developed (by type – private, social, affordable)
To achieve our regeneration goals, we’re in constant dialogue with property owners and agents, private sector developers and public bodies. Our expertise in this area maximises the potential of each opportunity.
- Our activities include:
- Land assembly to facilitate regeneration plans
- Regeneration of brownfield sites for economic development and housing
- Engaging with the private sector to increase investment into North Lanarkshire through joint venture projects including the development of office / business / industrial space
- Facilitating an appropriate range of housing developments
- Commercial opportunities which improve the infrastructure, physical environment and image of North Lanarkshire